The Invitation at Christmas is to
Received in most congregations on December 11 and 18
The Word from the church is to Believe in a Deeper Hope that moves beyond the “wrappings” of Christmas around us. We proclaim a Hope that brings Good News, Joy and Compassion for all of God’s people. THIS DEEPER HOPE IS MADE REAL IN ALL OF OUR REGIONS AS WE:
- Assist congregations and leaders in claiming their unique mission and ministry, and provide resources and support.
- Call, commission and ordain new pastors, and support and equip all pastors for their ministries.
- Revitalize existing congregations and plan for new congregations.
- Connect Regional Disciples to give witness to ministries of justice, hope and compassion.
- Provide camps, conferences and retreats where children and youth find hope and Christ’s love and a community of faith that embraces “everyone.”
- Make visible the care for all of God’s family through ministries of reconciliation and anti-racism.
- Call and equip passionate leaders for today’s church.
- Provide pastoral care for clergy and congregations.
The Christmas Special Day offering supports all of these and many other ministries of our Region. Your generous gifts make a difference in our shared ministries in the Region.
Read a message from Rev. Dr. Sharon Watkins about the 2016 Election Results.
In August, the College of Regional Ministers met. One outcome of this meeting was an Open Letter to North American Churches. Read it HERE.
“As members of the Christian Church, we confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim him Lord and Savior of the world. In Christ’s name and by his grace, we accept our mission of witness and service to all people.
We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in the covenant of love which binds us to God and one another. Through baptism into Christ, we enter into newness of life and are made one with the whole people of God. In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
Within the universal church we receive the gift of ministry and the light of scripture. In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end. Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever, Amen.”
*Preamble to The Design for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)