“As members of the Christian Church, we confess that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and proclaim him Lord and Savior of the world. In Christ’s name and by his grace, we accept our mission of witness and service to all people.
We rejoice in God, maker of heaven and earth, and in the covenant of love which binds us to God and one another. Through baptism into Christ, we enter into newness of life and are made one with the whole people of God. In the communion of the Holy Spirit we are joined together in discipleship and in obedience to Christ.
Within the universal church we receive the gift of ministry and the light of scripture. In the bonds of Christian faith we yield ourselves to God that we may serve the One whose kingdom has no end. Blessing, glory and honor be to God forever, Amen.”
*Preamble to The Design for the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
We are currently looking for a Youth Ministry Coordinator.
This person will report to the Christian Church in Nebraska Regional Minister
Primary Responsibilities are :
- Form a Regional Youth Council from DOC and UCC youth in Nebraska
- Promote Kamp Kaleo to DOC and UCC churches east of Grand Island, NE
- Counsel at least one camp per summer
- Develop a Youth Minister Training Retreat
- Work with the Camp Administrator in developing Social media
- Attend All Youth and Outdoor Ministries Committee meetings.
For more information, please contact:
Rev. Katrina Palan